"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/8/21

North Idaho State Fair Entries 2021

 We did not have a fair last year because of Covid-19. We are going to have one this year and we can enter items we would have entered last year if we want. There are some changes they've made too. For one thing, it will be two full weeks long instead of the usual 5 days. That seems like such a long time. We also have to pay to enter things. They're charging $1.00 per entry. No free or discounted gate tickets for entries either. The prize money has gone up, though, to $7 for blue ribbon, $5 for red ribbon, and $3 for White ribbon. It has never been that "high" before.

KnitWits decided not to enter anything this year because we didn't know if we were going to have the fair or not when I had to start collecting entries. Hardly anyone comes to the meetings anymore anyway. We have less than half in our inventory than normal. I fear we will have to disband the group if things don't start to improve. 

I am going to enter things in the fair. I have 8 items. I will need to take them in on Tuesday so today I spent the day getting the 6 knitting items ready. I had a bit of pilling to get rid of, which I do with a razor and a lint remover, because most items have been worn. I also made sure all ends are woven in and whatnot. I am also entering two beaded necklaces which I will be washing in the morning because I've worn them too.

So, here's what's being entered this year.

My Margaret Tudor pullover


The Norwegian Snowset I made for my little nephew Everett.


The Hounds-tooth check sweater I made for Zoey


The first Fairisle Kep I made. (Entered as a childs hat)


The Fairisle Kep I made myself. (Entered as an adult hat)


The adult Norwegian mittens.


In beading I'm entering these two peyote stitched necklaces. One in Bead weaving/Needle Arts, and one in Jewelry/General Crafts. 


I forget, at the moment, which goes where.


I wish I had one of the Pink Hounds-tooth Check layette sets to enter, but they are long gone, hopefully being worn by some loved babies.

I have not had a chance to hem up the new drapes like I'd planned for the weekend. Other things took precedence. I'm not in a huge hurry anyway.

We had the most wonderful weather today. The temperature stayed below 80, and we even had some rain this afternoon. The smoke got blown away for awhile and the sky was so blue and the air smelled so good. I opened some windows and aired out the house. I eventually had to shut them back up though when the afternoon wind changed and blew smoke back in. It was very nice to have a break from it though. Tomorrow the heat returns to upper 90's and even triple digits on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I've got knitting at the library. I'm looking forward to it.  I need to get out of the house for a couple hours.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment