"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/6/21

Layette Set #55

 Another layette set done for KnitWits. Woo hoo! I hate these photos though. I took them outside, with the sun all pink from so much smoke in the air. My camera didn't handle it very well and I don't know how to adjust it correctly. I don't know enough about my photo editing software to fix it either. Ugh! The blue is greener, and the red should be magenta pink. On your monitor it might be right, though. Who knows?



     Cardigan



Pattern: In my head. Not published
Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Parakeet

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Cherry Red

Needles: Circular size 5 and 8

Started: July 7, 2021
Finished: July 12, 2021

Comment: This was inspired by the pattern I used for Layette set 54. I like it much better. I used the 2x2 rib and seed stitch separated by a ridge of garter stitch idea.



    Hat



Pattern: In my head. Not published
Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Parakeet

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Cherry Red

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: July 5, 2021
Finished: July 19, 2021

Comment: Again, I used the 2x2 rib and seed stitch separated by garter stitch idea, so it would match.

     Booties



Pattern: In my head. Not published
Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Parakeet

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Cherry Red

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: July 27, 2021
Finished: July 29, 2021

     Blanket



Pattern: Shell stitch over 2 rows of (sc, ch1 sp)
Size: 30 by 36 inches

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Parakeet

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Cherry Red

Crochet Hook: Size G

Started: July 31, 2021
Finished: July 31, 2021


Time to start the next one. Actually, I did. I'm using red, blue, and yellow in it.

Today I worked on my cross stitch project for a couple hours while taking care of doing 3 loads of laundry and other assorted house chores. Here it is so far:


I've been working on the beaded flowers, so I increased the size of the Qsnap frame so no beads are in the way of the clamps. So much of it left to do.

It's been frightfully smoky and unbearably hot for days. It cooled off a little bit today, and there were clouds, but still no much needed rain, and the thick smoke. It's irritating my asthma like crazy. I hope for rain. It's predicted, but so far not materializing.

A few years ago I was going to purchase new drapes for the living/dining room, but husband was laid off from his job, so I postponed. Well, I found those drapes on sale for $10 a panel last week. 


I bought some. The 95 inch ones were the only length on sale, but I have a sewing machine and I know how to use it. I will shorten them to 84 inches. I washed the panels today (they're machine washable). I plan to start working on hemming them up tomorrow.

Live long and prosper.\\//



No comments:

Post a Comment