"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/31/21

Hounds-Tooth Check Sweater for Zoey

I finished the dog sweater for Zoey a few weeks ago, but I had to wait for a decent day to take pictures. Finally got one.



Pattern: I used Patons Basic Coat pattern in size large, customized for Zoey, and knit in a stranded color pattern. This is the chart I used.

Size: Large, customized for Zoey.

Yarn: Big Twist Value Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Yarn: Knit Picks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% Superwash Wool, worsted weight
Color: Red

Yarn: Premier Yarns Everyday Worsted Multis and Prints
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Flashback

Needles: Circular size 5 and 6

Started: December 9, 2020
Finished: March 6, 2021

Comments: I had quite a few problems knitting this thing. You'd think, after 53 years of practice, I'd stop making stupid mistakes. Ha! I knit this thing twice. The first time I messed up the leg holes. Put them in the wrong place. Didn't notice until I was trying to put it on her. Could not even get it on her The only way to fix it was to frog and start over.

Okay, I admit, I accidentally used the wrong size needle for the Hounds-Tooth Check part of the sweater the second time. I thought I had size 7 needles but I discovered it was actually size 6 when I was binding off, so the truth is that it fits Zoey, but it's just a bit snug. I thought about starting it over, but I've already done that once and I'm tired of working on this project. She's happy with it, even if it is a tad snug.

If you want to know the stitch pattern I used, here it is.



In color.



Here is Zoey wearing it. I have no idea what she's smelling. 



I tried getting her to look at me while taking the pics. She absolutely would not do it. I'm saying "Zoey, look at mama. Come on girl. Look at mama." I got this.



And this



And this.



This is the closest thing I got from her. Little brat.


I have finished another layette set. I'll post about it later this week. I decided to take a brief break from layette knitting and started another Kep last week. 


I'm using teals, browns, and rusty orange. I've got the cuff done and have started the ribbing section.

The weather has cleared up and it was wonderfully sunny out. Not warm though. There are Robins in the yard, and the moose are back too. Had two in the yard yesterday. We're so close to knitting on the deck, I can taste it. Yep.

I got my second vaccine dose for Covid 19 last Friday. My reaction to it was much milder. My arm was a little sore for a couple days, and some mild aching in the joints. I'm fine now.  I'm so happy to be vaccinated from that nasty little bug.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment