"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/3/20

Fair Isle Fisherman's Kep

It's done, and I LOVE it! I wasn't so sure about the color way I chose a few days ago, but now that it's done, I'm glad I chose it.



Pattern: Fair Isle Fisherman's Kep by Anne Sinclair
Size: Adult

Yarn: KnitPicks Palette
Content: 100% Wool, Fingering Weight
Colors: French Lavender, Eggplant, White, Safflower, Alfalfa.

Needles: Circular size 1 and 3

Started: March 22, 2020
Finished: April 3 2020

Comments: This is an interesting pattern! It's so fun to knit too. A good practice pattern for improving your stranded color knitting skills.

Most people are putting tassels on theirs. I went with a nice good size pompom.



The bottom band covers a section of 2 by 2 rib so it will fit better. Wouldn't want the wind blowing it off a fisherman's head.



Being a knitter, I must show off the inside.



What am I going to do with this? I don't wear hats, as a rule. Or maybe a preference. Won't work for KnitWits either cuz it's hand wash only. I guess I'll save it for posterity for the time being until I decide who needs a warmer head.



I said I'd post a pic of the dog sweater I've started for Zoey. This is gonna be so easy after what I've been knitting lately.



I need to finish those mittens I started. I think I'll work on them tonight.

We've had a 5 minute weather day today, though on the chilly side. Come on spring! You can do it!

Live long and prosper. \\//












No comments:

Post a Comment