"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/11/20

Kep 2020 Knitalong Project

I mentioned a few weeks ago I'd joined a knitalong on the Facebook page The Fair Isle Fisherman's Kep. I've finished my kep early. I couldn't stop once I got a rhythm going.


Fair Isle Fishermen's Kep

Pattern: Fair Isle Fisherman's Kep by Anne Sinclair
Size: Adult

Yarn: KnitPicks Palette
Content: 100% Wool, Fingering Weight
Colors: Asphault Heather, Cream, Silver, Pumice Heather, and Iris Heather

Needles: Circular size 3 and 4

Started: May 18, 2020
Finished: June 7, 2020

Comments: I love this hat so much! I used larger needles this time, same number of stitches. The colors worked out wonderful together. It fits me perfect. What's not to love?



The circular stitch pattern is from the book Selbu Mittens by Anne Bardsgard.



These two stitch patterns come with the kep pattern. They make a nice contrast to the circular pattern.



I put a pompom on the top because I didn't want a tassel.



I'm looking forward to wearing this next winter.



It's 81F degrees out right now so I won't be wearing it for awhile. It's been fairly wet and rainy and chilly. Some places actually got frost Tuesday night. Thankfully, we didn't. Temps went soaring today. It's hot and humid, and I see black clouds headed this way. Thunderstorms, I assume. There have been some pretty nasty ones the last couple weeks, but the worst ones have gone around us, rather than over us.

I've been knitting quite a bit lately. I'll talk about that tomorrow.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment