"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/24/24

Zoey's Andoa

 Today I'm posting about the new sweater I made my dog, Zoey. She absolutely loves wearing sweaters. I've already got the yarn and patterns lined up for her next two. 



Pattern: Basic Coat from A Dogs Life by Patons and Andoa by Norah Gaughan
Made For: Zoey

Size: Large

Yarn: Lion Brand Heartland, Worsted Weight
Content: 100% Acrylic
Color: Hot Springs

Needles: Circular size 5 and 7

Started: May 21, 2024
Finished: July 2, 2024

Comment: I have customized the above dog sweater pattern to fit my Zoey. 



I used the stitch patterns from the Andoa pattern so she and I could have matching sweaters.



I've made the ribbed neck extra long so it can be folded over. She has a pretty long neck anyway.



She loves this one. I had a hard time getting it off of her after taking the photos. It was almost 90F degrees and she wanted to wear it. Silly girl!



This is the cross stitch project I'm working on right now.



It's coming along pretty good. I did have a problem with running out of one of the threads. It's a Thea Gouverneur kit named Flamingos. So I found their web site and sent them an email asking if they could tell me the DMC color so I could purchase more. They use DMC threads in their kits. They kindly sent me the number and I got a skein from Joann's. I could have probably asked for more thread, but the kit is a fairly old one and the company is in Europe. I wasn't willing to wait for the thread. Anyway, they were very nice about it. By the way, the fabric looks dirty in the pic. It's not. It's just the way the shadows hit the fabric.

Still warm summer weather. It's actually come down a bit to the upper 80's this week. However, the air is very smoky. It's coming from large wildfires up in Canada. We have nothing close to us right now. Hoping it stays that way for the rest of the year.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment