"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/16/24

My Andoa

 Finally got some time to take pictures of my new sweater. I'm really not happy with them but oh well.



Pattern: Andoa Pullover by Norah Gaughan

Size: Mine

Yarn: HeartlandHeartland by Lion brand
Content: 100% Acrylic, Aran weight
Color: Hotsprings

Needles: Circular size 6 and 8

Started: February 28, 2024
Completed: May 19, 204

Comments: I made some changes to the pattern. I enlarged it to fit me because it doesn't go up to my size. I lowered the neckline by 7 inches, and I shortened the sleeves. I also substituted a different stitch pattern for the garter stitch sections and 2 by 1 twisted rib for the welt, cuffs, and neckband.

There are 3 stitch patterns in the body. These first two are in the sweater pattern. This one is the Granite stitch, which is one of my favorites. It's all of 2 rows by 2 stitches wide.



Second is a slightly different version of Basket Weave stitch. It was super easy to memorize so I didn't have to look at the chart after the first time I knit it.



This is the substitution for the garter stitch I chose, which are diamonds made with seed stitch.


                                       
I found this stitch pattern on Knitty (Online knitting magazine) here:  Diamond stitch pattern (scroll down).

I love wearing it. The fit is almost perfect. One of my friends took a picture of me wearing it.


I have been working on the second Estonian style mitten. I'm up to the decreases at the top of it. It's going so much better than the first one did. I feel like I actually know what I'm doing.

Our weather has been nice, except it rained most all day yesterday, along with thunder and lightening. I don't mind though. We needed the rain.

The siding guys took the weekend off. I'll update on the progress later.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment