"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/12/23

A Knitting Weekend

 Since I finished the last layette set, I've been working on Christmas knitting. I started out working on socks for Opal. I found a really cool pattern that combines slip stitch with twisted stitches. This is what they're supposed to look like.


I'm using turquoise and coral pink.


This is where I'm at, after a week of knitting. Sigh... I get a few inches into it and it looks so awful that I frog it back to the cuff. I'm having problems making smooth stitches at the needle changes. After my 4th failure, I've put it in time out and started the second Christmas gift. Socks again.


Good old fashions stranded color work. I've been enjoying this one a lot. Not so easy that I can get complacent, but not too hard to frustrate me. I'll get back to the slip-twists after this sock is done.

Our weather has been cold and wet. Some sun, but very little warmth. It has been above freezing though, so all precipitation has been rain.

We lost a beloved family member yesterday. My brother-in-laws dog, Tripper passed away.


He was such a good dog, and he was Cables best friend before she died.  


He was getting pretty old, so we knew it was coming. It still hurts when it happens. We are going to miss him a lot. 

Sometimes getting up in the morning just isn't worth it. Hoping for better days.

Live long and prosper. \\//




No comments:

Post a Comment