"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/15/23

WIP Wednesday

 An update on the projects. I started a beaded 3-D star a few months ago. Apparently I've not mentioned it here until now. It's peyote stitch, so it's been very slow going but, last week I finally finished the five pieces needed to make the star, called warped squares. Last night I managed to sew the front part together. 



I need to sew the back pieces together now. Probably will do that later this week. It takes a lot of concentration. It also involves inserting the little beaded tube there beside it while I'm at it. It supports the star so it doesn't need to be stuffed. Tonight is Survivor and The Masked Singer night, so no heavy crafting for me.


I'd love to get it done by Christmas.

In the last couple of days, I've worked on the heel for the floral sock. It's toe up socks with a short row heel. I did the one in the pattern, but I didn't like it. I'm sorry to all of you who love the German Short row Heel. I just don't like how it looks, so I frogged it. Then I looked for other short row heels. Tried a couple different ones, frogged them. I finally found the Mock Short Row Heel. That one, I like!



It is super easy to do. This is the sole side.



This looks kind of fuzzy. I added a lace weight strand of yarn I found in the stash that turned out to have a halo to it, which I kind of like. This is the instep side of the heel.


Speaking of fuzzy, I had to take a few rows of the foot out because I knit further than I was supposed to before starting the heel. After I did that, I rolled the yarn back onto the balls. The white yarn was very pink. AAAAHHH!!! My first thought was that the red yarn is running already, and I haven't even got it wet yet. Then I saw the red fuzz. I pulled it off the white yarn and it was still white underneath. Whew! That was close!

Live long and prosper. \\//




No comments:

Post a Comment