"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/5/23

The Last Layette for Knitwits- #63

 This is a bittersweet post. I have made the last layette set for KnitWits. I'm done. I joined KnitWits in 2007, about a year after I'd closed my needle craft shop. I remember my first project. I knit a blanket using 2 strands of yarn-one red and one white- from my stash. I used the infamous Beginner Diamond Dishcloth pattern that just about every knitter learns about at one time or another. It's been around forever. It originally was a free pattern put out by a yarn company that came on the back of the label. If you use size 10 or 11 needles and knit with 2 strands of worsted weight yarn, it makes a cute baby blanket.

I'm going to miss having the group so much, but I also see knitting projects for me and my family in my future too. I've already got the patterns and yarn and I'm getting excited about it. But first, here's Layette Set #63.

Cardigan



PatternLittle Coffee Bean Cardigan by Elizabeth Smith
Size: 6 months

Yarn: Loop and Threads Impeccable Glitter
Content: 97% Acrylic/3% Metallic, worsted weight
Color: 12310 Ultra Violet

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Parakeet

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 9780 Robins egg

Needles: Circular size 7 and 8

Started: October 12, 2023
Finished: October 25, 2023

Comments: I've used this pattern before. It's just been awhile. Instead of following the stripe pattern that's in the pattern, I decided to do something different. I found a Random Stripe Generator online. I fed in the 3 colors of yarn I'd chosen and the parameters of stripe size, 1-3 rows, and used that for the stripe pattern in this little sweater, which turned out to be rather fun! 



I did switch colors on 2 of the stripes in the middle to make carrying the yarns up the side a little easier. I love the result!



I was seriously lacking in fun buttons in my stash, so I settled for these basic pale purple ones. I just wasn't willing to drive into Coeur d'Alene for some buttons. It doesn't show much in these pictures, but the dark purple yarn has a shiny metallic purple thread in it.



Hat



PatternBaby Hat by Scarlet Taylor
Size: 6 months

Yarn: Loop and Threads Impeccable Glitter
Content: 97% Acrylic/3% Metallic, worsted weight
Color: 12310 Ultra Violet

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Parakeet

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 9780 Robins egg

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: October 26, 2023
Finished: October 28, 2023

Comments: This was an interesting knit. It was a little confusing the way it's written, but it's a free pattern, so you get what you pay for. I put a pompom on top of it. I used the Clover pompom maker. I think it's an awesome tool.


 
I made cords at the end of the earflaps so it can be tied on under babies little chin.



Booties



Pattern: Seamless Garter Tassel Booties by Karen Strauss

Size: 6 months

Yarn: Loop and Threads Impeccable Glitter
Content: 97% Acrylic/3% Metallic, worsted weight
Color: 12310 Ultra Violet

Needle Size: Circular 7

Started: October 29, 2023
Finished: October 29, 2023

They're knit as written in the pattern. No modifications, except the buttons behind the tassels.



Blanket



Pattern: Shell stitch

Size: 30 by 36 inches

Yarn: Loop and Threads Impeccable Glitter
Content: 97% Acrylic/3% Metallic, worsted weight
Color: 12310 Ultra Violet

Hook: Size G

Started: October 30, 2023
Finished: October 30, 2023

I hope the parents who receive this for their baby like it.


For the last few months it's been a real struggle doing my blog posts, or anything else I've done with my laptop. It became difficult to highlight and copy or cut something with my mouse. I, of course, assumed it was my own fault. Well, I was super frustrated the other day when I was trying to cut and paste and it just wouldn't work. I decided maybe it was an out-of-date driver, but there was no update. My husband, who can hear me muttering and exclaiming in frustration, asked to see my mouse. The left button was broken! My new mouse arrived today. Yay! 

It's not purple. It is pink. The model I purchased didn't come in purple. Function was more important than color this time.


I bought a Logitech mouse, Model M650. It's so nice. Smooth and quiet and actually does what I want it too. I am very happy with it. 

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment