"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/9/23

WIP Update



I know it's a bit late, but Happy Easter. I hope you had a good one. We don't really celebrate Easter, though I did get Ruth a white chocolate Unicorn. We used to when the girls were younger. Did family brunches, followed be Easter egg hunts and, weather permitting, a softball game or two. 

Thought I'd update on the WIPs. I spent the day working on the bicycle. Actually, I've been going gung ho on the bicycle since my last post. I've got most of the beading done. Just a little more purple, and a bit of green left.



I've learned I need to wear some kind of magnifier or it's too much strain on the ol' eyes. I've been wearing my MagnaClip magnifier. I like it because I can watch tv and stitch at the same time with it.

All of today's stitching was on the rear basket.


The white bits among the flowers will be filled with lime green beads.

In knitting, I'm done with a baby cardigan. Just needs a button.



Now I'm working on the hat.



I've come to the point where I start decreasing for the crown.

Had an odd thing happen today. Someone hacked into my Facebook account. He posted something that was against FB rules and that's how I found out. I didn't post it. Fortunately, while dealing with it, I got a place to click I hadn't posted it. Facebook then deleted him from my account and shut it down. I had to go through some steps for security, including changing my password, which, by the way, is much stronger than the one I had before. When I finally was able to get into my own account again, I found he'd added a few guys to my friends list. I unfriended them right away. Good grief. I don't understand people who spend all their time screwing up other people's internet stuff. Some people really need to get a life.

Had nice weather yesterday and Friday. Today was rainy. Even got a flood warning from the AccuWeather app on my phone, though I don't know why. It didn't rain that much. Besides, we live on a hill far away from anything that might flood. Noah would have to be in the neighborhood for us to worry. All in all, it was a nice peaceful day.

Live long and prosper. \\//






No comments:

Post a Comment