"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/18/23

HOORAY! The Last Crossed Stitch

 Last night I finished the very last crossed stitch and bead stitch on the bicycle. Good grief, what a job.


I still need to do the back stitching, which will predominantly be around the bicycle itself. There'll be spokes on the wheels when that's done. It's my favorite part of cross stitch so I'm looking forward to it.

I finished knitting the hat and 1 bootie for the current layette set. It will definitely be complete before next month.

Another reason for Hoorays: Spring has finally arrived. My tiny little crocuses are in bloom.


The Salome daffodils are peaking their little heads up above the soil, and most of the snow is gone. I know this is kind of an ugly pic. The skirting on our house was damaged during the winter. This is the temporary fix until it is warm enough to do it right. We plan on replacing all the skirting and siding this summer. It's worn out and damaged.


We're having our 5 minute weather days too. I took Zoey to the groomer to get her nails clipped today, which is literally a 5 minute drive away, and I got snowed on and hailed on. When I got out of my car the sun peaked out. Now it's raining and snowing at the same time. It's both fun, and annoying.

Weather is warmer, though they said last night on the news that it's below average temperatures. I'm trying to talk myself into going out and raking up all the pinecones that have fallen on the lawn. There's a lot of them. It will take me more than one day to do the job.

The neighborhood turkeys are doing their mating calls and rituals. I've seen several toms doing their dances for a crowd of hens. It's interesting to watch them. 

I love spring.

Live long and prosper.\\//

No comments:

Post a Comment