"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/21/23

Hounds-tooth Hat

 New hat for KnitWits



Pattern: Houndstooth Slouch Beanie by Kat Riley
Size: Adult

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Dark Sage

Yarn: KnitPicks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% Washable Wool, light worsted weight
Color: White

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: March 13, 2023
Finished: March 20, 2023

Comments: I modified this hat by shortening it by 2 inches and changed the cuff, so it doesn't look like the original design. I don't really care for slouchy hats. I used the pattern as a means to get what I wanted. This pattern is not good for beginning knitters. It gets complicated when the decreasing for the crown starts. It's pretty when it's done.



I seem to have gone back to making Hound's-tooth Check.



Not quite happy with the cuff, but that's easy to fix on the next one.


I have started a new layette set.



I've made a little progress on the beaded stitches. I worked on it quite a bit over the weekend.



Late Saturday night, I discovered a big mistake that could not be fudged around. I started doing the grapes and found I'd stitched that whole section of green in the upper left corner (above) two rows too low. I had to take the whole thing out. I've never had to take a whole section out like that before. I started by pulling each stitch out one at a time, with the intent to save the floss, but it didn't take long for me to realize that was going to be impossible. I sped the job up by digging out my seam ripper. Still took 2 hours though. I replaced everything I took out by Sunday evening.

Our weather has warmed up! It's actually a beautiful warm sunny day. It's 54F as I write this. The snow is melting very fast. I hope it keeps up, though the weather guy on the news, last night, said we'd be getting just a bit more snow before it's all over. In the meantime, I'm so glad it's "officially" spring! For me, though, spring is when the snow is gone and flowers are starting to bud, and I can sit out on the deck. I can't today cuz there's a whole lot of snow in the way.



If we keep having days like today, it could be gone by this time next week. 

Hooray, I've made it through another winter!

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment