"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/1/23

Layette Set #58 For KnitWits

 First one for the year, 58th one total. Another layette set is done. It's actually been a year since the last set was made. Didn't seem like it was that long ago. Another gal in KnitWits made a whole bunch of layette sets last year, so we filled our order number rather quickly. I admit, I enjoyed being able to knit something else for KnitWits. Now it's back to layette sets.



Cardigan



Pattern: Super Natural Stripes by Fawn Pea
Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Caron Knit and Crochet Yarn (Discontinued)
Content: 100% Dupont Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Yellow

Yarn: American Thread Company Dawn Sayelle (Discontinued)
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Bluebell

Yarn: KnitPicks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% Washable wool, worsted weight
Color: White

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: March 20, 2023
Finished: April 3, 20223

Comments: It's been awhile since I've knit this pattern. It's one of my favorites. I wanted to use a ducky button but I could not find one around here, so I settled for a plain blue one that was in the stash.



I like the combination of colors. A soft yellow looks so pretty with that blue.



Hat



Pattern: My own pattern.
Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Caron Knit and Crochet Yarn (Discontinued)
Content: 100% Dupont Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Yellow

Yarn: American Thread Company Dawn Sayelle (Discontinued)
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Bluebell

Yarn: KnitPicks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% Washable wool, worsted weight
Color: White

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: April 4, 2023
Finished: April 11, 20223

Comments: Same old hat I usually make. Had to find my notes though cuz it had been so long since I've made it I couldn't remember how many to cast on.

Booties



PatternSeamless Garter Tassel Booties by Karen Strauss
Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Caron Knit and Crochet Yarn (Discontinued)
Content: 100% Dupont Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Yellow

Yarn: American Thread Company Dawn Sayelle (Discontinued)
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Bluebell

Yarn: KnitPicks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% Washable wool, worsted weight
Color: White

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: April 14, 2023
Finished: April 20, 20223

Comments: I have been using this pattern for almost all my booties, except I've modified it every single time. This is the first time I've knit it exactly as written. Kind of cute with the little tassels!



Blanket



Pattern: The usual Shell stitch.
Size: 30 by 36 inches

Yarn: Big Twist from Joann's
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Pale Yellow

Yarn: American Thread Company Dawn Sayelle (Discontinued)
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Bluebell

Yarn: KnitPicks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% Washable wool, worsted weight
Color: White

Hook: Size G

Started: April 27, 2023
Finished: April 28, 20223

Comments: It took me awhile to realize what the ducks are wearing in this print. A towel and slippers is the answer, and they are holding a rubber ducky.

Well, the daughters birthday came and went last week and I don't have the bicycle project done. I ran into a problem with the back stitching. There is a fairly large amount of long straight lines, like for the spokes on the wheels, and along the edge of the frame, and I didn't know how to stitch them. The pattern says nothing, except to use 1 strand of black thread. I consulted with my fellow cross stitchers in one of the Facebook groups. I don't want to just do long stitches because they're too long. They need to be anchored in some way. I got several answers, but I'm going to try doing a long stitch and couching it every inch or so first to see how I like it.

I ordered a frame, mat, and backboard for framing but it hasn't come yet. Hasn't even shipped yet. Normally I get my orders from Framesbymail.com within just a few days so I'm wondering what is going on. I guess I'll have to email them.

Our weather the last few days has been INCREDIBLE! We've had sunshine, blue sky, and warm temperatures. Our snow is pretty much gone and the trees and bushes are budding out. It got up over 80F yesterday! I spent a good deal of time out on the deck the whole weekend. I knitted, and cross stitched, and read, and watched the newly arrived hummingbirds enjoying the food I put out for them. 

I recently got a new library card and I'm reading a novel by a couple of my favorite authors, W. Michael and Kathleen O'Neil Gear. The book is titled Lightning Shell. It's historical fiction, taking place during prehistoric time featuring ancient Native Americans in what is now the state of Louisiana. It's been an entertaining book so far. I'm enjoying it so much.

That's the news for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment