"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/15/23

WIP Wednesday 3/15/2023

 A quick WIP post. In knitting- I know I said I was going to start a layette set, but instead, I started another hat. I found a houndstooth check hat pattern. Using leftover yarn from the last hat project.


I've arrived at the row when the crown decreases begin. It's going to be complicated because I have to keep the stitch pattern going at the same time I decrease. Trying to figure out how I'm going to do that because the pattern isn't really much good at explaining it.

I'm still working on the cross stitch bicycle. I've finally finished all the non-bead stitches. 


I was going to start with green beads first, but upon thinking about which size Q-snap I want to use, I realized putting the purple flowers in the baskets will only need a small frame, so I'm starting with that instead. Now I'm working out how I'm going to do it while sitting in the Hug, because I really don't want to sit at the dining room table for hours. I have to figure out how to have a shallow dish of beads in my lap that won't spill. I think I'm going to use my lap desk that I use for beading. I got it from a friend. It's a plastic bead board with a cushion under it. It's pretty stable as long as none of the fur kids try to get in my lap.

We had a lot of snow last week. Started Thursday night, and snowed all day Friday. Completely buried the barbeque grill. Ruth kindly shoveled it out and made a path for the cats too. I cooked hamburgers for dinner on Sunday. Made homemade potato salad too. Oh, it was soo good. So glad I didn't have to wait for all the snow to melt to do that.

This week our temperatures are steadily raising, and it rained all day yesterday, so that new snow is melting fast. I hope that's the last of the big storms. I'm sure we'll get little flurries here and there for a few weeks, but please, no more big ones.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment