"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/2/23

Norwegian Hat #7

 Took a little break from larger projects and knit a hat for KnitWits.



Pattern: Basic Norwegian Star Hat by Cara Jo Knapp
Size: Adult Large

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Dark Sage

Yarn: Big Twist Value
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Purple

Yarn: KnitPicks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% Washable Wool, light worsted weight
Color: White

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: February 18, 2023
Finished: February 28, 2023

Comments: I really like this pattern. I used size 8 needles instead of 7 to get a size large.



Obligatory inside shot. Fairisle is great for using up bits of yarn. More ends to weave in, but it doesn't seem to bother me.


Was supposed to have KnitWits today, but it's been cancelled. Our esteemed leader is snowed in, and she has come down with Shingles. My heart hurts for her. I had Shingles a few years ago and it's nasty stuff. Incredibly painful. I wouldn't want anyone coming to my house under those circumstances either.

So, I guess I'll knit at home.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment