"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/7/22

WIP Wednesday December 7, 2022

 How about a quick WIP post this week.

First up is the beaded ball I started making earlier this year. I don't work on it every day. Just when I can get the time. I'm so close to being done with it.


Before it's done, I will have to stuff it very firmly. One designer of these things has developed her own stuffing, but she's in the UK. I don't really want to order something from over there right now. Instead, I thought I'd try memory foam. I got a bag of memory foam chunks from Amazon. The only problem is, they packed it very firm in the bag. It It's all squished down. When I open the bag, it's going to fluff up. I'm afraid it'll explode with memory foam bits all over the room, and it won't fit back in the bag.

Definitely a first world problem. I'll get to it soon.

I am knitting another pair of slippers for my friends mother.


It's an interesting pattern. It's based on the Grandma's Slippers pattern, but the designer put in a slip stitch pattern instead of the usual garter stitch. I'm liking it very much. I am using the correct size needles this time too.

I've got KnitWits later this afternoon. It's our annual distribution meeting. I'm going to work on the above slippers because I've stopped knitting for the group until I know what's going to happen to it.

Last month I went to our fearless leaders house to help her put our donations together and bagged for the appropriate organizations. When we were done, we sat down and had brownies and some water, and chatted. Jan told us she can't do her job any more. She's getting old and it's hard for her to haul bags of yarn and stuff up and down the stairs and around, and she'd like to move into a smaller house too. Currently, she lives in a huge 4 bedroom house all by herself. We need that much space to store everything throughout the year. So, unless we can find someone to replace her, KnitWits is going to come to an end. I wish I could do it, but I don't have the storage space.

I contacted the Coeur d'Alene Press Monday and asked if they'd send a reporter to the meeting. They are going to do that. I talked about our current problem. We'll see what happens.

103 days until spring!

Live long and prosper. \\//






1 comment:

  1. I hope the group is able to continue as I so enjoy reading your posts about it, however, all things in this world are temporary and you all have done so much to be proud of over the years for your community.

    ReplyDelete