"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/2/22

Slippers For KnitWits

 Finally got some pictures taken of the slippers I've made for KnitWits.


Green Slippers



PatternFamily Foot-Warmer Slippers by Anne Baron

Size: Adult (8-10" foot)

Yarn: Big Twist Value Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Colors: Light Green

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Colors: Dark Green

Needles: Circular size 10.5

Started: August 18, 2022
Finished: August 21, 2022

Comments: I held 2 strands of worsted weight yarn together to get a bulky weight. I like this pattern, but the shaping at the center is not very good. This is how I do it: On the knit row, the first decrease is Knit 2 together through the back loops. The second decrease is knit 2 together.
The purl row I purl 2 together for the first decrease, and purl 2 together through the back loops for the second increase. 

Blue Slippers.


PatternFamily Foot-Warmer Slippers by Anne Baron

Size: Adult Large (12+" foot)

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic, 2 strands held together.
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Colors: Light Blue and Royal Blue

Needles: Circular size 10.5

Started: September 9, 2022
Finished: September 29, 2022

Comments: Did the same shaping as above.

I thought I'd update on how I'm feeling. The worst of the Panic Attacks is over. I still get a little anxiety, but it's slowly subsiding. I hope I never have to go through that again. NOT fun!

I am still coughing. I was so hoping the new asthma medication (Symbicort) would end it. However, I have not had a single asthma attack since I started taking it. That is a very good thing! I was having 2-3 a week for awhile there. Hurrah! It's so nice to breath.

Spent some time out on the deck today working on Bear jacket. The pine needles are falling out of the Ponderosa pine tree near the deck. They kept hitting me. Ouch! Sharp little nasties. Ponderosa pines do this every autumn.

My daughter, Ruth, came out and knitted with me. Her knitting blows me away. She has surpassed her teacher (me). A couple weeks ago she decided to make one of Kaffe Fassett's sweaters, from his knitting book Kaffe's Classics. The pattern she picked is named Spanish Combs and has 27 colors in it. Fortunately, KnitPicks was having a great sale on the yarn she needed, so that was a good thing.

Kaffe, a fabric designer who lives in London, is the King of Intarsia and has a reputation for amazing color work. He has written many books, some on knitting, but most on quilting. He has his own line of quilting fabrics, and designs knitting patterns for Rowan yarns too

That's about it for today.

Live long and prosper. \\//







2 comments:

  1. How is the bear jacket coming along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to sew on the collar. Have had a family emergency so I haven't worked on it lately.

      Delete