"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/13/22

It's hard

I didn't know my heart could hurt so much

I'm having a hard time starting this today. It's been a traumatic 2 weeks. I don't think I've said anything about my sister-in-law's battle with cancer this year. I don't usually blog about really personal things. This was really personal. She found out she had cancer near the beginning of the year, after we got home from Mexico. She fought it so hard. She wanted to live. Unfortunately, she lost the battle last Wednesday. 

I love her so much. She taught me so much about love and life. She was the best sister I could ever have. I was blessed to have her in my life.  (And she made the best turkey gravy in the world.)

One of the things we loved to do was travel together. Camping and cruising mostly. Sue was the official planner of these adventures. This is from our last cruise. In September 2017 we sailed to Alaska. My husband Doug, me, Sue, and Dan. We had so much fun together. 



We were starting to plan our next cruise. We were going to go through the Panama Canal.

It's not fair. It's not fair that one of the most kind, loving, unselfish, genuinely good people on this planet should suffer such as she has this year, ending with death, and purely evil people (I won't name names) seem to live on forever.

The universe moves on, and I have to also, though I really don't see how I'm going to. It's so much far less without her.



4 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry for your loss. - Amy from Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts to your family.

    ReplyDelete