"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/9/22

It's Fair Time

 Today I took some entries for the 2022 North Idaho State Fair. I had just a few for KnitWits. 9, to be exact. For myself, I've entered just 5 items. 

I have 4 knitting entries.

Lovelia, of course, entered as a whole set.


The Bonnie Isle Hat in Adult hats.


The Argyle Mittens in Adult Mittens.


And the Orange Children's Mittens


I also entered the Peyote necklace with Black and White Checks. It was made the year there was no fair because of the pandemic, so it was okay to enter it.


That's it. They have severely decreased the number of classes to enter in, and you can only enter one item per class. They also charged to enter things like they did last year. I had to pay $1.00 per entry. This will be the last time we'll have entries for KnitWits at the fair. With such a drop in entries, and having to pay, it's not worth it to go to all the trouble.

I did manage to obtain some free tickets. The Crochet department supervisor needs two clerks to help her on judging day, which is this coming Thursday morning. Her clerks have crapped out on her and aren't coming, so I will help her. It's about a 2 hour job, and free tickets are well worth it.

We did get a few days of cooler weather. Last Thursday it was one of those rare absolutely perfect days of blue sky, a few puffy white clouds, a nice cool breeze, and the temperature was in the mid 70's. I enjoyed it so much.

On Friday the air got smoky from a large wild fire a ways west of Spokane, Washington. The winds were blowing pretty stiff so I stayed indoors. Then the heat returned. It was 91F today and it's going to get hotter over the next couple weeks. The last blast of summer, before autumn starts tiptoeing in. I can't believe it's almost over already. 

How about a cat picture? My boys were looking so cute laying together on their favorite chair.


Some territory disputes have been happening between them and Boba so they've banded together a lot lately. Doesn't matter. Boba is still winning because young and sassy.

Live long and prosper. \\//









No comments:

Post a Comment