"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/1/22

I See Hats Everywhere

 Another hat made. WooHoo! 



PatternBasic Norwegian Star Hat by Cara Jo Knapp
Size: Adult

Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Yarn: KnitPicks Mighty Stitch
Content: 80% Acrylic/20% washable wool, worsted weight
Color: Canary and White

Needles: Circular size 6

Started: July 28, 2022
Finished: July 30, 2022

Comments: Instead of the triangle pattern, I did the zigzag pattern twice.

Here's the inside.



I don't know if I want to start another hat, or change to slippers. We need both so bad.

The hats I've made in the month of July. 


I've done 6 in one month! I'll be turning them in to KnitWits next Wednesday.

This last weekend Nichelle Nichols passed away.


She was 89 years old. For those who don't know, she played Lieutenant Uhura on the original Star Trek, which I am a big fan. She was an amazing woman. She was the first black woman to be in a television series. She also worked hard as an ambassador for NASA to inspire people of color to get into science and become astronauts. She will be missed a lot.

Three left. Sigh.


It's been so hot the past few days. It's been in the 90's F at my house, but areas around have been having record breaking heat over a hundred. It's been relatively smoke free too. Unfortunately, smoke from fires several hundred miles away is blowing into the area, so I see my deck knitting further limited.

In the good news department, our heat wave is supposed to break tomorrow and temps go back to "normal", whatever the heck that means.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment