"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/29/22

2022 Fair Results


 The North Idaho State Fair is on. My daughter, Ruth, and I went last Friday. The weather was nice for it. In the mid 80's, which is far better than the previous week's 90's.

Here are the results of my entries.

Starting with my peyote stitch necklace, it won a 1st place blue ribbon and a Top Special Entry award.



This is the first time I've seen the Top Special Entry ribbon. I don't know what the qualifications are for this ribbon. I guess I'll have to find out.

In knitting, my child's fairisle mittens won a 1st place blue ribbon and a Top Special Entry ribbon.



The Argyle mittens won a Second Place red ribbon.



The Norwegian snow set won a 3rd place white ribbon. It also won the Superintendents Choice Award!



The adult fairisle hat didn't win anything. The ones that won were pretty spectacular, so I understand why.


All in all, pretty exciting results.

I have not been feeling well the last couple weeks or so. My Panic Attack Anxiety disorder has reared it's ugly head. I'm having almost constant panic attacks now. I went to my doctor about it and I've got a new medication, but it's going to take a few weeks for it to kick in. They also had me install an app on my phone called Mindful Thinking which is helping some, and I've been instructed to read a book called Feeling Great by David D. Burns. It claims to be a revolutionary new treatment for depression and anxiety. I'm about a fifth through it.

The weather has cooled off just a bit this past week. We've also been having thunderstorms. Friday night we got good and whomped by one. Lots of rain came down. It was great!

I can't believe summer is almost over. Out in the woods the leaves are starting to turn. Autumn is coming.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment