"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/13/22

Lovelia

 At last! Lovelia is done! Warning, lots of pictures.



Size: 6 to 9 months

YarnBernat Softee Baby
Content: 100% Acrylic, DK weight
Colors: Soft Red and Antique White

YarnKnitPicks Brava Sport
Content: 100% Acrylic, Sport weight
Colors: Canary, Tranquil, Marina, and Seashell

Needles: Circular size 2 and 4

Started: March 16, 2022
Finished: Jul, 2, 2022

Comments: I love how this turned out. I love the color combination I chose. It was a challenging knit, though. So not for beginners, unless you have a knitting mentor. The cardigan and pants are in the pattern.

I knit the cardigan as written.



 I actually knit this twice because when I was done the first time, it was so awful I tossed it and started over. I'm so glad I did because the second one came out wonderfully.



Here is a close up of the stitch pattern.



I found these beautiful buttons on Amazon.



The back.



And for my fellow knitters, the inside.



The pants are mostly knit as written. I do not like the crotch, though. It's weird and doesn't look as nice as it could using some other method. I would do something different if I make this again. It does add some space for diapers though.



I did not knit the waist of the pants as written because I didn't like it. Just a band of ribbing with a string of elastic cord woven through? I don't think so. I knit an actual casing using the size 2 needles and put decent elastic in it.



Here is a close up of the leg stitch pattern.



The socks were not in the pattern. I made these with the sock pattern from the Snow set I made this little ones brother.



This is the hat. I basically modified the hat from the Snow set mentioned above. Worked out perfectly.


I've been debating with myself about putting a white pompom on the top, but haven't made my mind up yet.

Here is a picture of a wild flower that was blooming in my yard. I blogged about it a few weeks ago but I didn't know what it was? A kindly Anonymous person left a comment with the name. It's Poker Alumroot. Thank you so much Anonymous. I really appreciate it.


Last night I got very little sleep because of thunder and lightening all night. Just one storm after another blew by. The lightening was constant for a couple hours. It isn't often we get storms like that. It was still going when I got up, but it looks like it's going to clear up now. The sun is shining. It's going to be a hot day. I hope the lightening didn't start any fires last night.

Live long and prosper. \\//





No comments:

Post a Comment