"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/14/22

Bonnie Isle Fairisle Hat

  Bonnie hat is done.



PatternBonnie Isle Hat by Linda Shearer

Size: Adult

Yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Fabel
Content: 75% wool/24% Nylon, fingering weight
Colors: 100 Off White, 105 Turquoise

Yarn: Regal 4ply Fingering
Content: Washable Wool, fingering weight
Color: 163 Pasture

Yarn: Regia 6-fädig Tweed
Content: 70% washable wool/25% Nylon/5% Rayon, fingering weight
Color: 52 (Dark Blue Tweed)

Yarn: Super Yarn Mart Masterpiece Giroflee
Content: Washable Wool, fingering weight
Color: 04 Dark Grey

Needles: Circular size 4

Started: June 13, 2022
Finished: Jul7 9, 2022

Comments: I enjoy knitting fairisle. That's all there is to it. This hat has a sea theme. I don't know if the anchors and waves stand out or not.



However, I am not happy with the cuff/brim part of this hat. It starts with a few rows of corrugated rib, then changes to a flat circle pattern, then back to corrugated rib so it wants to roll up. If there's a next time, I'm doing the corrugated rib all together and the circles after.

Here's an up close of the stitch patterns.



The crown was a little bit challenging for me. It was hard to keep the stitches even. I think it looks pretty cool. I did change the color order a bit. There was supposed to be a darker strip between the blue one and the center, but I didn't think I would like it, so I continued on with the white instead.



For the knitters, here's the inside floats.



I will be giving this to KnitWits. We are short on mens hats and this will do nicely.



So, that's the end of finished knitting. I've started two new projects already. I've decided to knit another Crazed Scandinavian Cowl, but make it a scarf. I've also started another hat for KnitWits.

Cough update: I'm still coughing. I really thought a change in asthma medication would work, but it hasn't. I'm at a loss. I see the doctor next month. Not really looking forward to it. 

Gonna be a hot one today, and all the way into the weekend. The hot days of summer have arrived.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment