"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/11/22

WIP Wednesday 5/11/2022

 Time for a WIP post. Still chugging along on Lovelia. I got the body done, blocked, shoulders joined, and button bands done.


I tried a new buttonhole, which is called the One Row Buttonhole, which I like a lot. It looks pretty good.

I've knit both sleeves and woven in the ends on one of them.


It took 2 hours to weave the first one. I watched a movie while I did it.

I finished a small project yesterday that has been nagging me for weeks. A few years ago we bought new recliners. My husband wanted one that was comfortable for him. He found a giant Lazy Boy beast that he loved, so we bought two of them because I wanted matching recliners in my living room. 

Not my best moment. I hated the thing. It's so big I can't touch the floor with my feet when sitting in it, reaching the handle to recline was hard, and the upholstery fabric was a cheap velvety brown weave that ripped very easily when the fur kids jumped up on it. I finally decided to chuck it and bring the leather hug back out of storage that I love so much. Who cares about matching chairs.

The chair has been sitting in the sun room taking up space. I want to get rid of it, but I felt the need to patch the hole in the foot rest. I bought a remnant of a nice brown fabric and I made a patch. I sewed it on yesterday. 


I used the blanket stitch to sew it on. Not my best job, but it works. Now I can feel good about giving it to someone. 

Patching brought back memories of when I was a little girl and patching the knees in my jeans. It was the thing everyone did back then. It was common to dress up those patches. I did embroidery, and sewed on rhinestones and sequins. It was a good reason for creativity. I think it's a shame people don't do that anymore.

We've had quite a bit of rain the past few days. It rained hard too! One night the storm rained so hard I was wondering if the roof could hold up to it. The flowering cherry tree was just starting to bloom. I was sure the rain had beat all the flowers off it, but when I got up the next morning it was still covered in blossoms.


I think it's extra pretty this year. It's kind of a weird shaped little thing, thanks to the moose chews before we built the fence around the back yard. 

The flowering plum tree is covered in bulging buds, but hasn't opened yet. It's a beautiful sunny day today. I'm hoping that gives it some encouragement.

A unique experience happened last week. Unfortunately, I was unable to take pictures. Zoey woke me up early with barking. She was looking out the bedroom window and barking her head off. I reluctantly got up and looked out the window. There was a herd of about a dozen white tail deer down the hill, on the other side of the fence. They all looked like does. Two of them were fighting! They stood on their hind legs and waved their front hooves at each other, trying to hit each other, and all the other does were just standing in a big circle watching. It was pretty funny looking. They all ran away when they saw me in the window. Never a dull moment on the Parkarosa.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment