"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/12/22

Another WIP

 I didn't mention this WIP yesterday because forgot to take pictures, so thought I'd wait until I do. I did.

Last week, when I went to KnitWits I found out we don't need anymore layette sets for this year. We have enough, for probably the first time ever. However, we DO need mens hats and mittens. We're way behind on that need. Hurray! There are several hat patterns I've been wanting to knit. This works out perfectly, and I get a break from layettes. I started this hat last week after I got home from the meeting.


Navy blue, tan, and white---nice manly colors. I found a checkered pattern that looks intriguing on the Yarnspiration web site. So far, so good!

I haven't blocked the Lovelia sleeves yet, but all the ends are woven in. I cast on for the first pant leg this morning at Yarnies. I though about taking ol' checkers up there, but I really need to get those pants going.

The flowering cherry is at peak bloom. It's so beautiful this year.


Still waiting for the plum buds to open. It was beautiful this morning. Blue sky, fluffy white clouds. Got up to 63F in Coeur d'Alene. The clouds have moved in now and it's cooled off considerably. I think rain is on its way.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment