"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/22/22

The June Hat

I can't believe how quick this knit up. It's a pattern I found on Ravelry that is free. It originally comes from a blog that posted a new hat pattern every month, thus the name:  June Hat


PatternJune Hat by Meghan Kelly

Size: Adult

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Tan

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Navy Blue

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: May 18, 2022
Finished: May 20, 2022

Comments: This is a fun pattern! It knits up very quickly and didn't take much yarn. A word of warning, it's worked in mostly purl stitches. 


I know lots of knitters are afraid of, or avoid, purl at any cost, even going as far as knitting sweaters in the round and then cutting the knitting to make cardigans and sleeve openings. I don't know why. It's not hard to do. They need to stop it. Knit this hat to get over your hang up, please?  The vertical knit columns are slip stitch.

Close up of the stitch pattern. I was looking for something in mosaic stitch when I found it.


The crown of the hat is pretty cool.



It fits a little slouchy on my mannequin. Not on my head though.


I am definitely happy with this hat. I shall pass it on to KnitWits.

We've been having 5 minute weather the last couple days or so, and still chilly. Zoey found a brief sunbeam to lay in for a bit.


Live long and prosper. \\//




No comments:

Post a Comment