"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/2/22

Argyle Simplified

 The first project finished in 2022! How sweet is that? I've been wanting to make Argyle socks. Although, this is not the Argyle that was popular in the 1950's, or is it socks, but it does just fine for me. Stranded instead of Intarsia.


PatternVespergyle Mittens by Elinor Brown

Size: Mens Medium

Yarn: Mayflower Class 1 Sock
Content: 75% washable wool/25% Nylon, fingering weight
Colors: 28 Caribbean Sea, 33 Snow White

Needles: Circular size 3

Started: September 20, 2021
Finished: January15, 2022

Comments:  I love this pattern! I plan to make them again in another colorway. Didn't change a thing, except needle size. I wanted to make them bigger without calculating numbers. It worked wonderfully going up a needle size. By the way, this pattern is free on Ravelry.

So, more pics. I'm getting better at stranded knitting. My tension has improved vastly over the past year. Practice makes perfect.



A close up of the thumbs. This pattern has actual thumb gussets, which I much prefer. The fit is so much better.



Glamor shot.



Close up of stitch pattern.



Close up of cuff. This is actually called Corrugated rib. It's not quite as stretchy as regular one color rib, but it's stretchy enough. The knits are one color and the purls are the other color.



All in all, I'm very happy with how these turned out.



Had a fairly nice time on our trip to Mexico. We went to Isla Mujeres, which is just off the coast of Cancun. It ended badly, but at least I got thawed out. Went snorkeling, hung out on the beach with an actual Cabana guy serving me drinks. He wasn't young, or cute, but I take what I can get. Ate lots of Mexican food.

The food was awesome! You haven't had Mexican food until you go to Mexico. It's so different from what we call Mexican food here in the U.S. So much better. I'll post more about it later.

The last day before going home, we had to get a Covid test because they don't let you go home without it. Unfortunately, Doug tested positive. He had to stay until he was better and got a negative test. The manager at the resort we stayed at was so helpful. Doug had to stay there until he was better. They didn't charge us for the extra what turned out to be 5 more days. I went home on our scheduled flight because I didn't have it and Doug was concerned that I might come down with it while waiting for him to get well, which would just make things worse. I hated leaving him alone, but he was going to be fine. The resort staff were all ready to help him out while he was quarantined. The airline changed his flight at no charge. He got well a couple days later, so was able to come home on that flight.

We have sunshine this morning! It's only 21F degrees out, but it sure looks pretty out there with the blue sky. 

I have KnitWits today. Looking forward to it. It's been months since I've been at a meeting. I need some yellow, grey, and white yarn for the next layette set. In the meantime, I've been knitting mittens.



That's it for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those argyle mittens are great. Your tension looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete