"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/15/21

Checking In

 It's Wednesday, so how about a WIP? Well, first lets do a FO. I finished sewing this little bag.


I found the pattern on the blog Pink Penguin. I made one of these before in fall colors. A few weeks ago I took it to Yarnies and one of the gals loved it so I thought I'd make her one. Giving it to her tomorrow, assuming she's there.

Now the wip. Doing the second bootie on the layette set.


Knitting is going rather slowly lately because of this.


My strained thumb is actually a sprained thumb, so I have to wear this thing for a few weeks and absolutely no hand sewing. So I put the cross stitch away, out of sight. Thumb swelled up to epic proportions the day after I finished sewing the above bag, even though I did most all of it on my sewing machine. It just didn't want to be used for awhile.

It's driving me crazy. The thumb, that is. If I can't do needlecraft, I don't know what else to do. So I've been watching Netfix and playing games on my phone. I play mostly word games in the interest of improving my brain, though I have to admit the game called Bazooka Boy is a lot of fun too.

I seem to be able to knit too, although a lot slower, so I have planned a new project. One of the things I've been wanting to do is knit my husband a cabled cardigan. I was inspired by the sweaters worn by the character played by Tom Selleck in Blue Bloods.


I went looking for it and I'm quite surprised to discover no one on Ravelry has recreated it yet. So I've spent a great deal of time looking at patterns trying to find one similar. So far, no luck. I found one similar to this one though.


It's a free pattern, which surprised me. I found it at Yarnspirations.


All I need to do is change the collar/button bands. I've ordered yarn. I want to use Berroco Vintage which is a wonderful wool/acrylic blend. My daughter found a shop online that had it on sale for a very good price.


I've ordered the Black Cherry color. I hope I've got enough coming. I ordered a couple extra skeins for the collar change.

Now a bit about the weather. The raging heat finally came to an end and it's been in the upper 70's and low 80's. We got a couple days of rain last week too which knocked down the smoke from the fires. I wish I could spend more time on the deck before it gets cold. Freezing is coming. Their predicting the first frost this next weekend. The leaves are changing into their fall colors. Summer is over.

Live long and prosper. \\//


 

No comments:

Post a Comment