"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/27/21

Fair 2021 Results

 Ruth and I went to the fair Tuesday. Everything I entered won blue ribbons. I also won a grand champion ribbon. I'm gobsmacked. I took pictures.

I won Grand Champion and First Place on the Norwegian Snow Set.



I won First Place on my Margaret Tudor. Now, this is a bit of a  mystery to me because one of my friends went to the fair on Sunday and emailed me that I won Grand Champion on her. I saw no such ribbon anywhere near it. My friend is completely certain there was a purple ribbon there, so maybe it fell on the floor behind or something.



Everything else with their ribbons. Dog sweater.



Fairisle Kep (Adult size)



Child size Fairisle Kep



Mittens.



Pink Hound's-tooth Check necklace. (Entered in Needlework--Beaded Necklace)



Black/Rainbow necklace (Entered in General Crafts-Jewelry/Necklace)


The weather was perfect for fair going. The temp was in the upper 70's with clear blue skies. It hasn't been that nice during the fair in years. I enjoyed going too. They've done a lot of work improving the grounds. Buildings are painted, there were actual sidewalks and lawn instead of gravel, and lots of flower beds chock full of flowers. I enjoyed my visit there.

My thumb is still hurting but ice packs have helped a lot. I think I can go back to doing my cross stich this coming weekend, but just a little. No doing it for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment