"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/9/21

WIP Wednesday 6/9/2021

 Current projects I'm working on right now.

In knitting, I've been working on Layette set #54. I have finished the cardigan and am working on the hat now. 


This pic is terrible. The aqua is much darker in real life. I don't know enough to fix it.

I am working on some very odd colored adult size mittens.


I didn't have any more white Mighty Stitch in the stash when I started them. I do now, though. I ordered a few skeins when KnitPicks had their recent sale.

I've also been doing counted cross stitch. I've been working on the pic I started a couple years ago. I plan to finish it by next Christmas. It's so slow going. I have completed all the blues. Now I'm working on tire colors-which are a sort of a funky greenish brown.


The camping trip was great! I had a wonderful time, for the most part. Came home all bruised up from tumbling into a kayak, but it's all healing fine. No more kayaking for me. Knees just can't handle it any more.

We camped at Dent Acres, which is on the Dworshak Reservoir above the Dworshak dam. The park was gorgeous. Lots of lawn, and the sites had hook ups, including sewer. They keep it very clean and well maintained. The weather was perfect. Couldn't have been better. I actually got a nice tan.

The drive there was quite an adventure. Very curvy and steep roads. Worth the trip though. I'd go there again.

About the cough. I stopped coughing completely for awhile. It was wonderful! But it started up again when on the camping trip. I don't think it's caused by the same thing though. On the first morning of camping, my sister in law made coffee. I poured a cup and took a nice big sip. It was scalding hot. Hottest coffee I've ever had. I wanted to spit it out immediately but it was too late. It was already burning it's way down. It burned actual blisters in my throat and caused a considerable amount of pain and irritation. So I've been coughing a bit. Especially when it started itching because it's healing.  Not today though, so maybe the worst is over. I have an appointment with the doctor later this month. We'll see what he says.

Temperatures have cooled off considerably since Memorial Day. It went up into the 90's after we got home! It's dropped into the 60's and we've been getting rain, which was very much needed, and cloudy days. I've been spending time out on the deck between rain storms. It's pine pollen season right now, so everything is coated in yellow dust.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment