"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/16/21

WIP Wednesday 6/16/2021

One photo today. Progress on the cross stitch bicycle.


I didn't think I'd really accomplished all that much until I saw last week's picture. There's still a lot to go, but I think I'll make the finish before the end of the year.

I didn't take pics of the week's knitting. I am not knitting as much as I'm stitching, but I did get a hat done to match the #54 baby cardigan. I added a couple dozen rows to the green and brown mitten too.

I have had a rough week cough-wise. It came back and by the weekend was as bad as original. It made for a wretched weekend. I admit, I'm feeling very down about it. I called the E/N/T doctor and talked to his nurse on Monday. The doctor has put me on a second round of antibiotics. I've already stopped coughing and only taken it for 2 days. I'm hoping this time will kill it for good. I've never had such a persistent infection before. It's kind of scary.

The Rathdrum Library knitting group is back to meeting at the library. When the Pandemic started  the meeting room was shut down. It was used to quarantine returned books. We met in one of the town's parks for the summer, then the local funeral home let us meet at their place for no charge, which was so very kind of them. The meeting room has opened back up so we were able to return to the library this week, but they changed our meeting day. Now we meet on Mondays instead of Tuesdays. It felt kind of weird to be there after not meeting there for so long. It's a sign, though, that things are starting to return to normal.

Live long and prosper. |\\//

No comments:

Post a Comment