"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/27/21

Just Some Ramblings

I'm packing the trailer, today, for the camping trip. I've figured out what knitting and cross stitch I'm taking with me. The trailer is acting up. The AC power is not working properly. Hubs has determined the circuit breaker board has gone bad. Too late to get a new one installed before we go, so he's worked up something that works for now.

My daughter Ruth was laid off from her job Tuesday. She is both sad and glad. She's sad cuz, she lost her job, and the reason is because the company has decided they don't want to automate their order system after all. She's glad cuz she wants to find a better job and this forces her to do so. I get to take her with me to knitting meetings until she's employed again. I hope that doesn't take long. I prefer she works.

Coughing is gradually going away. I hope just one course of the medication is needed and it doesn't come back. I'm sooooooo tired of coughing.

This was my flowering cherry two weeks ago. It's never bloomed this way before where it's fully flowered. My baby has finally reached adulthood. I sat out on the deck drinking coffee and just looking at it the day I took this pic. It was loaded with busy bees and hummingbirds. I'm easy to entertain.


This is my new rose plant. Abracadabra is it's name.


The flower is about 2 inches across. It's a 6 inch tall plant in a tiny little pot. I actually ordered this rose about 2 years or so ago. It's a new variety of tea rose that was created for florists and only growers for florists have been able to get it.

About 2 years ago I came across an American Rose dealer to the general public who said they were going to start carrying this rose, so I ordered one. I completely forgot about it because, you know, life. Around Thanksgiving last year I got am email from them that they would be sending me my rose if I still wanted it. It arrived a couple weeks ago with a bud already on it, and 2 pages of growing instructions. It's a high maintenance rose. It will be hard for me to keep alive cuz I do not have my moms green thumb. In the meantime, it's pretty. 

Heading out for camping in the morning. I hope we get some good weather.

Live long and prosper. \\//






No comments:

Post a Comment