"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/22/21

Layette Set #51

 Got another Layette set done. 


I'm done, for now, with this fabric. I think I've got another yard of it, but I'm saving it for another time.

Cardigan



PatternPleasing Plaid Cardigan by Lorna Miser
Size: 6 months

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Mint

Yarn: Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted Mist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Pink

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: March 2, 2021
Finished: March 7, 2021

Comments: I used the same color changes throughout the whole thing.

The Hat



Pattern: Mine. Not published
Size: 6 months

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Mint

Yarn: Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted Mist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Pink

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: March 8, 2021
Finished: March 8, 2021

The Booties



Pattern: Mine. Not published
Size: 6 months

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Mint

Yarn: Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted Mist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Pink

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: March 10, 2021
Finished: March 10, 2021

The Blanket


PatternShell edging

Size: 30 by 36 inches

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Mint

Hook: Size G

Started: March 11, 2021
Finished: March 11, 2021

~~~~~~~~~~

I have already finished the cardigan for set #52. I'm using more boyish colors. The fabric for the blanket is white with tan and black dogs on it. I finished it last night.

Our weather got nice and warm for a bit there. I even got to finally sit in the sun and knit. Not on the deck though. It was in the shade which was just a bit too chilly. I dragged a chair to the front yard and sat in the sun. It felt so good. It was in the upper 50's/low 60's for several days. This morning, however, I woke up to 3 inches of snow and it snowed until late afternoon. Then it started melting. Spring starts with the crazy here in north Idaho.

Bed update. Puffy sent us a new mattress. This one is the right size. They did not want the mis-sized mattress back. They said do with it what we want, so I found someone who needed a bed and gave it to them. I don't know the lady, but I sure made her happy.

Hubby and I got our first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. So many people around here are refusing to get it that it's sped up the schedule. I didn't have to wait until mid-April. We got the Pfizer one. I didn't have too bad a reaction, I guess. My arm got very sore and I felt like a truck hit me the next morning. I had some nasty fatigue, so I spent the day knitting and watching Netflix. By Sunday, I was fine. We get our second dose this coming Friday.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment