"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/7/21

Layette Set #50

 I've sat down to write a blog post several times in the past couple weeks, only to be interrupted and not get back to it. Life is just plain busy for me, even with the pandemic. I did get to have my first vaccine shot for Covid19. YAY!!!

The state schedule had folks under 65 listed for the latter half of April. I didn't want to wait that long, but whatever. Well, as the national news has reported, more people in the state of Idaho don't take Covid19 seriously and don't want the vaccine than do want it. They've been having leftover doses every day so Northwest Specialty Hospitals vaccine clinic opened it up to everyone last week. Husband and I took advantage of it and got appointments for Friday. My second shot is in 3 weeks.

I didn't have too bad a reaction to it. My arm got very sore, and I felt awful all day Saturday, but I felt fine this morning. My arm is still a little sore, but getting better.

So, on to the finished Layette set. Some of these pictures are not too good. The light was kind of weird so the color is off.


Cardigan



PatternPleasing Plaid Cardigan by Lorna Miser
Size: 6 months

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Yarn: Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted Mist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Pink

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: January 6, 2021
Finished: January 24, 2021

Comments: Although I based this cardigan on Pleasing Plaid, I made some changes. One of them was not changing color order in the stitch pattern at the armhole. I went with very bright plain pink buttons.



Hat



Pattern: My own. Not published
Size: 6 months

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Yarn: Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted Mist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Pink

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: January 25, 2021
Finished: January 27, 2021

Booties



Pattern: My own. Not published
Size: 6 months

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Yarn: Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted Mist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Pink

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: January 28, 2021
Finished: January 30, 2021

Comment: The colors are much more accurate in the above picture.


Blanket


PatternShell edging

Size: 30 by 36 inches

Yarn: Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted Mist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Pink

Hook: Size G

Started: March 1, 2021
Finished: March 1, 2021



I have set 51 almost done. I also finished the hound's-tooth check dog sweater. Just need a nice sunny day to take pics. The weather has warmed up just a bit. Had 3 days in a row almost 60F degrees. It's gone back to cold though. It did a rain/snow mix today.

We got a new bed. A few weeks ago I asked hubby if he could make me a shelf headboard for our queen size bed. Next thing I know, he's ordered a California King mattress and is out in the shop building a sturdy wooden frame for it. It's a memory foam mattress by Puffy. We've been sleeping on it for a week now. It is the MOST comfortable bed I've ever slept on. No headboard though. Yets.

A king size memory foam pillow came with the mattress. I tried it (husband claimed it for himself) and it is incredible, so I ordered one from Amazon. It's like putting my head on a cloud. Wow! Goodbye goose down and polyester fiberfill!

We do have a problem with the mattress though. California King is supposed to be 72 inches wide and 84 inches long. Ours is only 80 inches long, though the box and documents all say 84. Husband has contacted customer support to find out why the missing four inches. More about that later.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment