"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/1/21

Rainbow

 I have finished a beading project. This is a necklace done in the Peyote With A Twist, or Peytwist, method. 


I started this ages ago. Christmas knitting brought it to a stand still for awhile. There wasn't a whole lot left to do. Just bead caps and clasp. I was able to work on it this last weekend and I finished it today.


The pattern is called Rainbow by Bev Baines. It's available free via the Facebook group Peyote with a Twist - Not Crochet. It's actually a bracelet pattern. I just kept beading until it was long enough to be a necklace. It's about 20 inches long.



The original is white with silver and bright primary rainbow colors. I chose matte black, gold, and pastel rainbow colors. As usual, I made my own beaded toggle clasp in matte black and gold.



I also beaded some bead caps, and put gold colored bead caps on the end of them. I used these gorgeous flattened oblong black beads with gold dots on them, some obsidian round beads, and gold 4mm beads.



I am extremely happy with the finished project.



Grandkitty update. The wound on Boba's tummy got suddenly worse last week. Ruth took him to the vet. He had developed a deep abscess. He needed surgery right away. 



He had to have a drain tube in for a few days and, of course, the cone of shame has to be worn. He got the drain tube out today. We're keeping that cone on until the wound is done healing. He's doing quite a bit better. He's sleeping on one of my knitting bags in the picture above.

A little weather news. Our weather has been unseasonably warm. Over the past couple weeks we've had a considerable amount of rain. Last Monday we got 2.5 inches of rain in 24 hours. I'm so glad it wasn't snow. It would have been well over 2 feet deep! In the meantime, the 2 feet of snow we had a few weeks ago has been melting very fast. We can see our lawn, in February!



There is talk of an early spring. I'm not holding my breath though. This could turn into a frigid nightmare in no time.

In knitting news, I've finished the knitted layette pieces. I need to cut the holes in the fleece edges so I can crochet the edging. That's why I finished the above necklace. It was taking up the room on my table. I needed to finish it so I could have room to do the blanket stuff. I have KnitWits this week, but I'm not going to have the blanket done by then. I can wait to turn it in for March. Maybe I'll have a second set done too.

The dog sweater is about 3/4ths done. I'm looking forward to seeing it on Zoey.

We got rid of our racoon so I've put the bird feeders back out. I've got lots and lots of birds coming to them. Mostly Chickadees and House Finches. I'm hoping something different drops in for a bite.

Until then, live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment