"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/17/21

First WIPs of the Year

 After finishing the Cowichan sweater, I took a short break, then got back to the knitting. I've got 2 projects going. First is a sweater for Zoey using the usual pattern.



I'm just about to the leg holes. I wanted to try another houndstooth check. I am using a brightly colored variegated yarn with white for the background.



It's looking pretty cool.


I started the first layette set of the year too. I've knit this pattern before. I'm working on the second sleeve.


I've also been beading. I bought three beading kits from Mary Maxim for some really cute Icicle ornaments. I'd planned to make them for this last Christmas, but didn't actually get to do them until the weekend after New Years. These first ones are done with wire, glass beads and Swarovski crystals.



I tried getting some pics of them hanging in a tree (I've put the Christmas tree away), but it was just a little too windy. Best I could get.



This second set is plastic beads and wire. Not the same brand as the kit above. The tiny pearls are kind of cheap quality, but the larger ones are very nice.


I don't know when I'll get to the third kit. I'm not in a big hurry.

So those are the current knitting wips and finished bead projects.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment