"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/25/20

WIP Update

 I have finished knitting all the main parts of the Snow set. I blocked them yesterday.


I still have a hat, socks, and button bands to knit. Should be able to get them done this week. I plan to have the whole thing done by the end of the week because I have yarn coming for another project.

I've decided to try getting a sweater made by Christmas for a gift. I'm going to make a Cowichan style cardigan. The pattern calls for bulky weight yarn and big fat needles, so I figure it should knit up faster than my usual adult sweaters.

Did I mention I was getting new glasses? I have been using cheap magnifier glasses for seeing things close since the cataract surgeries, and taking them off to see things far away. It's okay, but there's this distance from me that I just cant's see-right where my laptop sits on my lap. My left eye went a little blurry on the far distance too, so I decided full time glasses were in order. This is me.


It's so nice to be able to see the laptop screen. The frames are purple. It was easy finding purple frames because about 90% of the frames in the shop were purple. I guess it's a hot color for glasses right now.

Fall ended last Friday. It snowed. I mean, it SNOWED! We got 7 inches, in October! What's with that? I took this pic Friday while it was snowing. It's from the front door looking towards the driveway.


This is the next morning in the side yard. It was pretty, but friggin cold!



All of our baby deciduous trees still have their leaves. Only 2 of them have their fall colors. The rest are still green, so I went out Friday afternoon and shook the snow off them. The snow was heavy and I didn't want branches to start snapping off. I was going to go out and do it again before bed, but the wind started blowing a bit and took it off for me. All was well in the morning.

It was 9F degrees when I got up at 8 this morning. It's too early for that. The weather forecast for next week is supposed to be warmer temperatures, so hopefully this will all melt off. Something tells me we're gonna have a crazy winter.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment