"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/5/20

Layette Set 49

Layette set is finished, and turned it in yesterday.



Cardigan



Pattern: Polka Dot Baby Set by me.

Size: 6-9 months

Yarn: Unknown 
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Yarn: Big Twist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Red

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Solid
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Needles: Circular size 6 and 8

Started: October 10, 2020
Finished: October 31, 2020

Comments: My daughter started this to test knit the pattern for me. She ran out of black yarn before the sleeves were knit, so lost interest. I asked her if I could finish it. 

Since the yarn she used was an unlabeled Acrylic that was donated to KnitWits, I couldn't just go get another skein. I picked 4 different balls of unlabeled black donated yarn and found 3 of them would work, but the colors were off just enough to be visible. I solved the problem by putting red stripes in-between the 2 blacks so the difference doesn't show. Then I made the neckband, bottom band, and button bands red to make it look like it was meant to be this way.

Hat



PatternPolka Dot Baby Set by me.

Size: 6-9 months

Yarn: Unknown 
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Yarn: Big Twist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Red

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Solid
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: November1, 2020
Finished: November 1, 2020

Booties



PatternPolka Dot Baby Set by me.

Size: 6-9 months

Yarn: Unknown 
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Solid
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: November 2, 2020
Finished: November 2, 2020

Blanket



Pattern: Unisex Blanket Edging

Size: 30 by 36 inches

Yarn: Big Twist
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Red

Hook: Size G

Started: November 3, 2020
Finished: November 3, 2020

Comment:  I found this edging by googling it. It was fun to do.



I'm glad to have this set done and out of my hair. There are a couple other projects I'd like to get done, or started, as the case may be.

The yarn for the Cowichan cardigan has arrived. I love the colors. Made my test swatches yesterday. I'm going to be knitting with size 13 needles , which feels weird to be working with such large needles. This is the pattern:



Looking forward to making it.

The baby snow set got set aside for a few days so I could finish the layette set. I'm back at it today. Got the button bands almost done and the hat half knitted. Hoping to finish it this weekend.

Last week I met with my C-PAP therapist and got a new mask. The one I was using wasn't quite working for me. It wasn't keeping it's seal and I'd be wakened by the sound of air escaping, which sounds like loud farts. Richard found one that works perfect. He did an exchange so I didn't have to pay for it, and gave me two extras along with it. It's amazing how much better it works. I've had 4 nights in a row where I actually got 4 solid hours of sleep. For me, that's almost miraculous.

I've been learning about cooking for a diabetic, and trying new recipes. It isn't as bad as I initially believed. The literature Doug was given had an extreme diet in it. A moderate one actually allows for pasta and potatoes, and what not. I've made some adjustments that I can live with and Doug is doing much better. He's even lost a few pounds.

The snow has melted away. The temps have warmed up into the 50's and we're getting rain now, which is much more normal. We did have a couple nice sunny days earlier this week.

Well, that's the news for today.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment