"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/23/20

Pink Hounds-tooth Check

Yes, I'm still alive and kicking. Kind of forgot about the blog for a bit. I've been busy beading, and knitting, spraining my back, and other stuff. Life is never boring at the Parkarosa.

Here, we have a finished necklace in the Peyote With a Twist (Not Bead Crochet) technique.



Pattern: Houndstooth Vers. 2 by Norita Silva

Length: 20 inches.

Technique: Peyote With A Twist, Not Bead Crochet

Beads: Size 11 Japanese seed beads in opaque white and transparent pink AB.

I have definitely been in the mood for pink Hounds-tooth check this month.



I made the bead end caps and toggle clasp too. I incorporated a few 4mm pink AB  and a couple 8MM white AB Firepolished crystals in the clasp attachment.



I put some 3/8th inch soft nylon rope inside to prevent it collapsing because I did a looser tension so the necklace would be flexible.



This pattern is available for free to members of the Peyote With a Twist Not Bead Crochet Facebook group members. You have to join the group to get it, but it's a nice group.

You can learn to make a toggle clasp here:  Beaded Toggle Clasp

Beaded End Cap instructions here:  Beaded End Cap

All in all, I'm happy with my new necklace.

It sure is nice to be able to bead again. I'm so glad I got the cataract surgery.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment