"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/1/20

What I Did During The Great Pandemic Of 2020-April 1

Not doing any April Fools jokes. Never liked this day. Probably because I have memories of so many bowls of morning cereal ruined by Mom's putting salt in the sugar bowl. Ugh.

It is WIP Wednesday. So here's a couple WIPs for ya.

I've finished the knitting of the cowl, and I blocked it.

First half

I had to block it in two stages because it's longer than my blocking board.

Second Half

The middle of this thing is most visible in the second picture. It's the pattern next to the words printed on the blocking board near the bottom of the pic. This thing is turning out gorgeous. I hope I can do justice to the grafting of the two ends together that it deserves.

I am making good progress on the Kep. It's almost done.



Kind of a strange looking thing at the moment. There is a fairisle cuff that will fold over the ribbing, hiding it from view when worn. I'm not real happy with the color choices. Oh well.

Our weather turned cold and snowy. No deck knitting yet. Supposed to stay that way for at least another week. Getting lots of rain between the snow. I've definitely got spring fever.

I've started a new sweater for Zoey. Pictures later.

I was going to get up early today to go food foraging, but after I woke up, I had a big panic attack and went back to bed. I am one of the more vulnerable people. Over 60 and my lungs are already compromised, but we need food. I wish someone else would do this for me. I will give it a try again tomorrow. I need to go out, if for nothing else, refills for my drug prescriptions so I can keep breathing.

I am extremely upset with how our President has handled the Covid 19 situation. I don't think he possibly could have done worse. Thousands of people in this country are going to die because he didn't listen to the professionals and take it seriously. And then there's the dismantling of our pandemic response  department after Trump took office. So much ineptness, stupidity, lies, and the total lack of empathy or care! I hope I'm not one of the ones he kills.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment