"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/8/20

WIP Wednesday April 8, 2020

It's WIP Wednesday. Here are some WIPs.

The dog sweater has turned into something.


I had finished the neck ribbing and started the body, doing a solid color 5 by 1 rib pattern when I started thinking creatively. Next thing I know, I've ripped back 4 inches to the neck ribbing, grabbed a 3rd color from my stash, and started knitting fairisle. I don't know what came over me. This was supposed to be easy, right? I've been doing it back and forth, and right now the thought has come to my mind "Why didn't I do it in the round?". AAAHH! I may be frogging later. I'm not in a hurry, so......

This is the cowl.



Today we had the most awesome weather. Sunshine, and warm enough to sit out in the sunshine. I decided to work on grafting the two ends of this baby together. After about 2 hours, I got halfway through when I noticed the vertical white lines on the sides didn't line up. They were off by 2 stitches. I checked things back at the beginning of the round and discovered I started it that way. WT...??? I had to undo all the grafting I'd just done. It took me 1.5 hours. I went back into the house and started writing this. I need to give the cowl a break.

So, all in all, knitting hasn't really been going all that well lately.

Spring is finally officially here at the Parkarosa. The snow pile in front of the house is completely gone, today. The plants have started sprouting. I have tiny little crocus blooming in the front yard.



Technically, they're growing in the lawn.



When we first moved into the house, I made a big bulb garden right in the front, in a half circle shape. A few years later, I dug it all up and planted grass seed. Apparently, I missed some crocus and they've been blooming ever since.



The Salome daffodils have sprouted. This is one of the three bunches I have. It's super loaded this year.

.

The Bleeding Heart is up too.



These are the items that always sprout first. I am so very happy to see them. Winter is over, and I made it through once again. We are going to have a few days of warmth. It's actually gonna get up to 70F degrees this weekend. I am so happy. With all this staying at home because of the Covid 19 virus, it felt so good just to get outside of the house. Deck knitting is in the future.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment