"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/20/20

Pretend It's WIP Wednesday

I meant to post this Wednesday/yesterday. Progress on current wips. First we have the Crazed Scandinavian Cowl.



I am 2/3rds done. Over 450 rows. I wish what little purple there is would show in the picture. Another thing you can't see is that the tension was kind of uneven until just below the row of hearts. I stopped there to work on Harriet. When I went back to it, everything is so even and smooth it looks blocked. Harriet improved my tension. What I'd like to know is why didn't the previous 300+ rows do it? Whatever.

I started a pair of mittens from a Selbuvotter book.



I'm calling this my bed knitting. I'm having problems with insomnia. I decided rather than laying there in the dark wishing I'd fall asleep, I'd do something productive. Thus, the mitten. Interestingly, since getting my asthma under control this past week, I'm starting to be able to sleep more, so I expect I'll have to finish this in the recliner.

There's a definite fairisle trend in my knitting this year. I need to start a public knitting project. Something easy.

Sunshine this week. Colder than Antarctica, but it's been pretty. It's hard to be grumpy when the sun shines at this time of year.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment