"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/10/20

Harriet's Hat


Finished my hat.



Pattern: Harriet's Hat by Harriet Middleton
Size: Adult

Yarn: KnitPicks Palette.
Content: 100% Wool, Fingering Weight
Colors: French Lavender, Eggplant, Iris Heather, White, Safflower, Lady Slipper.

Needles: Circular size 3

Started: January 28, 2020
Finished: February 7, 2020

Comments: I love this pattern! It's so fun to knit, and works up remarkably fast considering the yarn and needle sizes. This is a good project for learning fairisle knitting in the round.



I love the star on the top.



I don't know why I made this. I don't wear hats, as a general rule. I guess because it's so pretty. I'll save it to enter in the fair. I want to make another in a different colorway.



Here's the cardigan for the next KnitWits layette set.



The fabric for the blanket has such odd colors. In one light it looks like navy blue and pale turquoise. In another, grey and mint green. I went with the second one. I'm liking the yarn we picked out. I say we because I had help. I started this project at the KnitWits meeting last week and a couple ladies helped me with the decision.

I finished chart 11 on the Crazed Cowl last night. It's coming along nicely. I am concerned I don't have enough of the teal/blue/purple yarn. I'm well into the second skein (I only bought 2). I just started the second ball of white last night. Unfortunately, the shop I bought this yarn at is no longer in business. Sigh. I guess I'll go as far as it will take me and end there, though I really wanted to knit the whole 80 inches.

It was a beautiful sunny day today, but no warmth in the sun. Very winterish feeling out there. We got quite a bit of rain last week, and it cleared up over the weekend. The driveway is thawing already. Everyone is hoping for an early spring. The predictions for this week are upper 30's and low 40's during the day and more or less dry. Of course, that could change.

Our internet is working again. Apparently Frontier was able to fix it from their end. It started working on Saturday. So I watched the first episodes of Picard. I love it. Romulans, and intrigue, and  mysteries. A very good show.

I am watching Star Trek Discovery now. I love that show too. Interesting plots. Plenty of Vulcans, Spock's father, and extremely nasty looking Klingons. I think they went a little overboard with the ugly, but it sure makes them look alien. The last episode I've watched so far they have ended up in the mirror universe. I'm tickled to death! Definitely Star Trek.

Time I started dinner. It's gonna take some time to make and the family is home from school/work. I'm trying a new recipe tonight. A Hamburger Casserole that is all comfort, and probably calories. Sometimes, though, that's what a person needs. I'm having a nice salad with it. Here's hoping it's good.

Live long and prosper. \\//











No comments:

Post a Comment