"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/21/20

Layette Set #43 for KnitWits

Hey! It's FO Friday. Well, will you look at that? I finished something. Yet another layette set. Will it never stop???



Cardigan



Pattern: Super Natural Stripes by Fawn Pea

Size: 0-6 months

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Heather Gray

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic, no label but I think it might be Canadiana
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Medium Jade? or Sage? Assuming it is the Canadiana.

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Needles: Circular size 6 and 8

Started: February 5, 2020
Finished: February 13, 2020

Comments: It's been awhile since I used this pattern. I still love it. I let a couple members of KnitWits choose the colors to go with the blanket fabric. I like their choices.

The Hat


Pattern: Chibi Striped Baby Hat by Chiaki Hayashi

Size: 0-6 months

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Heather Gray

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Medium Jade? or Sage?

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Needles: Circular size 6 and 8

Started: February 13, 2020
Finished: February 13, 2020

The booties



Pattern: From my head, not published.

Size: 0-6 months

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Heather Gray

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Medium Jade? or Sage?

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: February 14, 2020
Finished: February 15, 2020

The blanket



Pattern: Chevron Edging by me.

Size: 36 by 30 inches.

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Heather Gray

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Medium Jade? or Sage?

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Hook: Size G

Started: February 16, 2020
Finished: February 17, 2020

Comments: I Googled for hours trying to find a zigzaggy edging for this fabric. I could not find a pattern. But I did find a photo on Pinterest of what I was thinking of, so I counted stitches and figured something out from the photo. I'm so proud of myself, cuz this is crochet, which I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about as I am knitting.



Here's the pattern: 
Chevron Edging

Please note, this assumes you are crocheting an edging on a prepared piece of fleece fabric. Adapt it to whatever edge you have. ch1 = chain one, sc = single crochet, dc = double crochet. Here's hoping I can write a decent crochet pattern.

Rnd 1: Join yarn to edge at a hole, ch1, sc in same hole. *Ch 1, sc in next hole. Repeat from * all the way around to last hole.Ch 1, slip st in first sc.

Rnd 2: Slip stitch to the first ch1 space. Sl stitch in the space. Ch3 (count as a dc), 6 dc in same space. *Skip next ch1 space, sc in next ch1 space, skip next ch1 space, 7 dc in next ch1 space. Repeat all the way around ending with a sc in ch1 space. Sl stitch in top of ch3 in first ch1 space. You may have to fudge on this round because sometimes the stitch count doesn't quite work out.

Rnd 3: Ch1, sc in same st. Sc in next st. 3 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of next 2 sts, sc decrease in next 3 sts, *1 sc in next 2 sts, 3 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 2 sts, sc decrease in next 3 sts. Repeat all the way around from *. Eventually you'll get back to the first st. Join with a slip stitch.

Repeat round 3 as often as you want changing colors as desired.



I have another finished project I'm kind of proud of to share. I have a lot of knitting bags, totes, what have you, but this one is my favorite. It's the one I use the most.



It's an Ellen's Originals tote, made with upholstery fabric. I've had it for years. Since I had my yarn shop. I carried Ellen's Originals knitting bags, needle cases, and crochet hook cases. They were expensive, but well worth the price because they were very well made and so beautiful. They sold like hot cakes in my shop. Ellen's used the most amazing fabrics in their bags. Unfortunately, they went out of business shortly after I closed my shop. It's a shame because they really were wonderful. No one else makes bags like theirs. Sigh.

After all these years, the zipper broke on my bag. It was one of those nylon/plastic zippers. They just plain wear out after awhile because nylon is a shitty thing to use for zippers. I needed to replace it, but had no idea how. I Googled of course. I found a tutorial, bought a heavy duty jacket zipper, and fixed my bag.



This zipper will never break. Here's the link to the tutorial: How to Add a Zipper to a Finished Tote Bag.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment