"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/8/20

WIPs Today

Progress report on my WIPs.

I'm over halfway on the Crazed Cowl.



I'm a little disappointed there isn't more purple in the yarn. It looks more purple in the ball than knitted. Oh well.

I took these pictures early last week to do this post and then life took over. On Thursday the internet died. Frontier has got it working again this morning, but it's so slow. Anyway, this pic shows Harriet not finished yet,



but I finished knitting it Thursday. I ended up having to stay home for the day because my daughters car has broken down and she needed to get to work, so I let her take my car. Her car is waiting for a part which has been ordered and should arrive sometime next week. I was glad to stay home. I had been away all week and I really needed to get some house cleaning done. Anyway, I spent all of Thursday weaving in ends and it's done, except for blocking. I'll post pics after it's all blocked and whatnot.

Thursday was my birthday, or, as I like to call it, the 32nd anniversary of my 29th birthday. The hubs took me out for dinner. It's all you can eat stuffed pasta at Olive Garden this month so that's where we went. I had the cheese stuffed shells. So good! They give you 4 to start. I could only eat 3 of them. The waitress asked if she should start up the next plateful and I explained I couldn't eat anymore, but she offered to make a take home box for me with a couple more, so that's what I'm having for lunch today. Yum!

My daughter, Ruth, gave me a wondrous birthday gift. CBS All Access so I can watch the new Picard show. We made it through the first excellent episode. During episode 2, that's when the internet went down. Urg. Now that it's working again, I should stop doing this and watch that 2nd episode. I'm doing that. Yeah.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment: