"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/24/19

Layette Set #39

The North Idaho State Fair is coming soon so I'm getting the entries ready. I did the KnitWits entries today. Including mine, I have 17 entries. I will have 5. One of those entries will be the cardigan, hat, and booties for Layette set 39, which I've finished.



These colors were very hard to photograph. I made adjustments on my camera and this was the best I could do. I think I need to take them in the sunshine rather than shade. Anyway, here it is. I used my slowly developing Polka Dot pattern I thought I would have finished a long time ago but Margaret Tudor gets my attention instead.

Cardigan



Pattern: Polka Dot Baby Cardigan by Me. Not available yet. I'll get to it eventually

Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable
Content: 100% Acrylic, Aran weight
Color: Aqua

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Orange

Needles: Circular size 6 and 8

Started: April 9, 2019
Finished: June 25, 2019

Comments: I love knitting this pattern. I was test knitting it while making the cardigan and found several mistakes. I had it on my phone as a PDF file and made notes as I found errors. One of the things I really like about Adobe Reader. I lost that file last week.



An Android update took place on my phone and when it was done I lost all my photos and files that I had on my phone. I was able to get the photos back because they're automatically backed up by Android (via our phone company). I was only able to recover a small handful of the PDF files, (which sucks cuz I had some really cool beading patterns on my phone that I hadn't backed up on my lap top yet). I guess I'll have to test knit again to re-find the errors.

Isn't this a pretty stitch pattern?



Hat



Pattern: Polka Dot Baby Hat by Me. Not available yet. I'll get to it eventually

Size: 6 months

Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable
Content: 100% Acrylic, Aran weight
Color: Aqua

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Orange

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: July 9, 2019
Finished: July 16, 2019

I found a nicer 3 stitch decrease for the last round of decreases in the crown and used it, though I doubt anyone will notice. I also used a different SSK (Slip, Slip, Knit) left leaning decrease. I like how it looks so much better. It lays smoother, more like the K2tog does. You can find it here: One Step Left Leaning Decrease (Alternative SSK)

Booties



Pattern: Polka Dot Baby Booties by Me. Not available yet. I'll get to it eventually

Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable
Content: 100% Acrylic, Aran weight
Color: Aqua

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Orange

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: July 21, 2019
Finished: July 21, 2019

I have not written up the bootie pattern yet. I need to get that done. Perhaps after the fair.

Almost forgot, the buttons. I wanted to use orange buttons but I only had 2 in the stash and was loath to go anywhere to search for more, so I decided to alternate between orange and aqua. I really like how it looks.



Here's hoping it does well at the fair.



The matching blanket is not done yet. You'll be seeing it in the not too distant future. I am not entering it with the rest of the set because it's a crocheted edging rather than knitting. I hope I have enough orange yarn left. If not, I'm screwed cuz there is no way I can get more.

Still coughing the goopy cough. It's not asthma. I'm not having asthma attacks right now. The air has been very clear. Sweet Hubby asked me if any of the new meds I've been taking have coughing as a side affect. I had never thought of that. I checked, and coughing is the first thing on the side effects list for one of them. I've stopped taking it as of today to see if it makes a difference. I'm going to have to make an appointment with my doctor about this. It's getting worse and driving me crazy.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment