"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/23/18

Results for 2018 North Idaho State Fair

Even though the air is still thick with smoke from the surrounding forest fires, I braved it and went to the North Idaho State Fair to see how my entries did. Not bad, not bad at all.

Dogwood and Hummingbirds won 2nd place.



My necklace took First place.



Infant cardigan won Second place.



Infant set-2 pieces won First place.



My Entrelac set entered as Infant set-3 or more pieces won First place.



My Sporty set entered as Infant set other than listed won Second place.



The KnitWits members entries did well too. I took pics so I can put them in this months newsletter, which I need to get out by this weekend. Urg!

I didn't have one single asthma attack while there, at the fair. I'm quite surprised by that, and relieved.

I haven't been working on anymore layette sets this week because I'm out of yarn. I don't have enough brown to put trim on the blanket for the current set, and I have no black yarn which I need for the next set coming down the pike. I'm trying to decided if I'm going to buy yarn, or wait until the next KnitWits meeting and hope I can find what I need there.

Anyway, so I've been working on the Latvian style mittens I started a couple years or so ago. I actually finished the first one at the Yarnies meeting this morning. I'll try and take pics and post about it tomorrow.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment