"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/11/17

Forced To Change

About 3 weeks or so ago I started getting messages and emails from people who were visiting my patterns blog complaining that the links to the pdf files weren't working. They were getting a "Not found" message. I checked it out and I sometimes got the message, but most of the time I had no problems.

I figured out that if I was logged into Box.net, the web site where I store my patterns for sharing, it worked. If I logged out, the downloads didn't work. Box has made some changes, and even though the links are supposed to be open to the public without registration, it doesn't seem to be working that way and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I had to find an alternative solution.

I decided to open a store on Ravelry and upload the knitting patterns there.



They allow you to have a store with all free patterns in it. So many times I've been asked by someone to do that. Well, now it seems a good idea. I uploaded them all and I've updated the links on the patterns blog. You do not have to have a Ravelry account to access them. I think this will work out pretty good.

Check out my new Ravelry Shop

There are two patterns that I could not put on Ravelry, the beaded Christmas ornament cover pattern, and the Aran Baby Set that I have linked to here on this blog. I don't know what I'm going to do about that yet.

But, at least you can access the rest of them.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment