"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/22/16

Ellowyne Hats

I have produced some hats for Ellowyne dolls to go with outfits I've made to sell in my Etsy shop. These first three I made last Christmas, with intent to sell Christmas themed outfits, but life got too busy so that plan never got finished, so I have 'remodelled' them for current outfits about to go in the shop.



This hat is made of wool. I used scraps of fabric from the skirt it will go with to make the embellishment. I  think I need to tighten up that ribbon a bit. It seems to be a little loose.






This hat was made with a Lionbrand yarn that has a silver thread running through it. Again, I used scraps of fabric so it matches the skirt it will go with.



The next hat is made with a cotton/acrylic blend.



The outfit this hat will go with has a skirt made of purple fabric with sparkly gold in it.



These next two hats are newly knit. I decided to try Knitpicks Cotlin DK, which is a cotton and linen blend. It comes in lots of scrumptious colors.



I like it very much. It's nice to work with and looks great in a hat. It also takes spray starch well, which is good because I spray starch the hats to give them just a tiny bit of stiffness.



I gave myself a class in making pretty bows (I love the internet) and went on a shopping trip for ribbon.



Of all of these hats, this one is my favorite.



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment